Tuesday, April 3, 2012

NaPoWriMo 2012

This is the culmination of a perfect storm of creative smothering. I have not painted in weeks. I have not written in months. I have been badgered mercilessly by some well-meaning friends into starting some form of blog.

This one is ugly. That may change, or it may not. At the very least it will become populated.

To kick off the new blogging habit and get me into a life pattern where I actually make time to post on the regular, I am going to post my NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) exploits for the benefit and mockery of friends and strangers alike.

Having avoided poetry for a few years now, I am participating mainly because an incredibly charming and attractive manfriend of mine is doing similarly and, let's be honest, I would follow an attractive person into the sun. I'm shallow like that. I discovered, once I had agreed to do this with him, that other people who know me were also reasonably interested in the fact that I was writing and expressed a (masochistic?) interest in reading my work.

Having not posted for the last couple days, I will post April 1st's, April 2nd's, and today's. After that I should probably have my life together enough that I can post them as I write them and not just sit around in my sweatpants lamenting my lack of creative talent... but we'll see.